Monday, October 12, 2009

House Built with Love

Today I finished my quilt titled "House Built with Love" which is being donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska for their annual auction on Saturday, October 17th. (size 32" x 32") My friend Tara is very involved in the organization, and this is the second quilt I have made for the organization.

The top background is a cut piece from a wonderful Judy Robertson hand-dye fabric . . . the remaining fabric is purchased print or batiks. The piece is heavily embellished with beads and sequins, and quilted in a spiral motif. A few embroidery stitches outline the walkway to the house - made with love!


Here are some close ups of the beading on the windows and roofline - full of bling!



I wish them best of luck. This quilt was made with love and thoughts of all of the families that Ronald McDonald House touches.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it in person - it looks WONDERFUL! Thanks for all of your time and effort. I'm confident that this Lynn Woll original will be a big hit at the auction.
    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am one of the Postmarkd'art artists. Your blog is just starting and wonderful. I wish they had better instructions for this and Facebook, I tend to get lost. I like your list below and what a list! Lots to think about. Your donated quilt is beautiful. I collect the pop tops from lots of ladies here in the mountains, and take in 5 lbs about every three months to Ronald Mc. House in Madera Ca. Keep us posted when you update.

    ReplyDelete